MLA courses are eligible for tuition remission for JHU employees, and they are also available to full-time Homewood graduate students via an interdivisional course request through their home school. Students who are not seeking degrees are welcome to enroll, but they will have to complete an application.
Recently ranked as the Best Online Master of Liberal Arts Program in the country by BestColleges.com, the MLA program accepts applications for the MLA degree on a rolling basis. The program consists of 10 courses that may be completed on campus and online. For more information about the program, visit the MLA website.
Registration for spring 2019 courses closes on Jan. 13, but allow time for your application to be processed. For more information about spring courses, see the online course schedule.
The following on-campus courses still have seats available:
- AS.450.609.01—1900: The Birth of Modernism in Vienna, Paris, and London. The course will meet Wednesday evenings, weekly, from 6 to 8:40 p.m.
- AS.450.621.01—Self in Question: Readings in Literature and Psychology. The course will meet Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. on the following dates: Jan. 26, Feb. 9, Feb. 23, March 9, March 23, April 6, April 27, May 4.
- AS.450.635.01—How the War Was Remembered: The Film and Literature of the Vietnam War. The course will meet Thursday evenings, weekly, from 6 to 8:40 p.m.
The following online courses still have seats available:
- AS.450.611.81—Social History of Medicine
- AS.450.631.81—Western Theatre History: The Dynamic Interplay of Social, Economic and Cultural Forces
- AS.450.651.81—Western Political Philosophy
- AS.450.669.81—Family in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- AS.450.675.81—Literary Analysis of the Hebrew Bible
- AS.450.697.81—All in the Family: Power, Scandal, and Fall
- AS.450.766.81— Deconstructing Capitalism
- AS.450.771.81—Black Queer History
- AS.450.781.81—The Global Cold War
For additional information about these courses or the MLA program, contact Dr. Laura DeSisto, MLA program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.