Background: Bloomberg Philanthropies' mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience as one of the world's most successful entrepreneurs, and as mayor of America's largest city. Bloomberg Philanthropies focuses on five key areas for creating lasting change: public health, environment, education, government innovation, and arts and culture.
The Position: The Bloomberg Philanthropies Summer Internship is designed to attract students based on their interests and studies and to develop a range of professional skills and experiences. Interns will immediately begin contributing to projects and assignments. Throughout the summer we host a variety of special events for interns, including morning presentations by our CEO and program leads, cultural trips, and an intern day of service. Bloomberg Philanthropies' interns will get the chance to network with interns at Bloomberg LP, meet senior leaders at the company and attend the Bloomberg LP weekly Speaker Series. Interns are placed across multiple departments including Bloomberg Associates (Sustainability, Urban Planning, and Transportation), Arts, Education, Environment, Government Innovation, Public Health, Women's Economic Development, Sustainability, Urban Planning, Transportation, Events, Human Resources, Operations, Information & Technology, Grants Management, and Communications.
Essential Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate professionally and effectively in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be enrolled in college
- Availability to work from June 2, 2017, to Aug. 11, 2017
For additional information on Bloomberg Philanthropies, visit its website.