Time to refile tax exempt withholding forms

Tax exempt status is good for only one calendar year, January & December. As a result, any student who claimed exempt from tax withholdings in 2016, and wishes to continue exempt status in 2017, must refile new forms on or before the deadline to avoid an interruption to their tax status.

To refile new tax withholding forms go to myJHU, click HR > ESS (Employee Self-Service). Once in ESS, click Payroll Information > Federal and State Withholding. From here, select Review and then Save the record. You must do this for both federal and state if you wish to be exempt for both. We offer Step-By-Step instructions on our website

The refile deadline is February 15, 2017.

Please direct all questions to Student Employment Services at 410-516-8414 or stop by our office in Garland Hall, room 72. No appointment necessary.