We are conducting a research study to examine the accuracy of a number of novel circulating biomarkers (blood tests) that can help with early diagnosis of traumatic brain injury.
All we need from you is 20 cc (4 teaspoons) of blood and demographic information.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 30 and 80 years old
- Have no history of concussion or head injury
- Have no history of kidney failure, stroke, brain tumor, or intracranial surgery
- Have no prior or active diagnosed psychiatric or neurologic disease
- Have no known active medical conditions (diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol are OK)
- Have not recently received a blood transfusion
- Blood pressure not greater than 140/80
- Not pregnant
- No recreational drug use within 2 weeks of blood draw
You will be compensated with a $20 Target gift card for your time.
If you are eligible and would like to participate in the study, please contact 443-410-4323 for more information.
This research study is IRB-approved (study number: IRB00031097; principal investigator: Frederick Korley, MD, PhD).