The following electrical devices continue to draw power—known as phantom power—even when they are turned off:
- Desktop and laptop computers (check with your IT support for protocols in your office)
- Laptop and cellphone chargers
- Computer speakers
- Printers, copiers, and scanners
- AV equipment
- Coffeemakers, microwaves, and other kitchen appliances
- Clock radios
- Televisions, DVD and CD players
- Any other noncritical electrical devices
Please take a look around your office before you leave for the holiday and unplug to conserve energy. If devices are plugged into a power strip, simply turn off the power switch.
Have a happy, healthy, and sustainable holiday!