Homewood campus recycles and composts

Look for single-stream recycling bins in your dorms to recycle paper, cardboard, metal, plastic, and glass. In academic buildings use the green bins for metal, plastic, and glass and the blue bins for paper and cardboard. Yellow bins can be found in dining areas for food waste and the to-go containers and cups from all Homewood campus dining locations (they're made from corn, which means they're compostable!). Use the gray "incinerate" bins for all other waste, including chip bags, candy wrappers, Styrofoam, and plastic bags. This trash is burned at the incinerator just a few miles away, near the stadiums.