10 Johns Hopkins lacrosse players named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars
Ten Johns Hopkins University lacrosse players—six from the women's team and four from the men's team—have earned Big Ten Distinguished Scholar awards, the Big Ten Conference announced this week.
The list of distinguished scholars includes student-athletes from every Big Ten institution and 38 different sports who recorded a minimum grade-point average of 3.7 for the 2016-17 academic year. Lacrosse is the only sport in which Hopkins competes in the Division I league.
JHU women's lacrosse honorees
- Maddie Bodden: Senior, Economics, 3.83 GPA for the 2016-17 academic year
- Eden Epner: Junior, Psychology, 3.88
- Alexis Maffucci: Senior, Public Health Studies, 3.86
- Annie Schindler: Junior, Public Health Studies, 3.87
- Haley Schweizer: Senior, Psychology, 3.88
- Emily Verica: Junior, Political Science, 3.77
JHU men's lacrosse honorees
- John Crawley: Senior, Economics, 3.77 GPA GPA for the 2016-17 academic year
- Kieran Eissler: Senior, Public Health Studies, 3.79
- Ryan Feit: Senior, Economics, 3.91
- Brock Turnbaugh: Junior, Psychology, 3.75