Johns Hopkins University and Medicine will once again be a part of the global day of philanthropy known as Giving Tuesday on Tuesday, Dec. 1. This marks the third year that hundreds of thousands of individuals will give back to nonprofits, charities, and organizations around the world.
On Giving Tuesday, Johns Hopkins students, alumni, parents, and friends can show their support for the institution by making contributions online or at campus locations. Representatives will be visible across the Homewood, East Baltimore, and other campuses to encourage and assist individuals with making contributions:
- Staff members from the Office of Annual Giving staff will be at Homewood's Breezeway from 10 a.m. to noon
- A team from the School of Nursing will be present in the school's café from noon to 1 p.m.
- School of Public Health staff will be on hand in their East Baltimore building from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- A team from the Johns Hopkins Children's Center will be available on the Arcade level in the hospital from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Representatives will also be available at the SAIS campus in Washington, D.C.
"Our alumni, parents, friends, and students have shown over the years how much they believe in this extraordinary institution," said Chris Dax, director of Annual Giving. "We anticipate that they will rise to the challenge on this particular day and show their commitment and generosity on Giving Tuesday and give back in support of our schools, programs, and the vast experiences that make Johns Hopkins such an exceptional place."
Last year, Johns Hopkins received more than 450 gifts and saw an increase of 79 percent in contributions over the previous year's one-day campaign.
To learn more or to make a contribution, visit http://rising.jhu.edu/givingtuesday.
To join in the Johns Hopkins Giving Tuesday conversation, use #GivingTuesdayJHU and/or #GivingTuesdayJH.
Posted in University News