Members of the Johns Hopkins University Class of 2018—all 1,418 of them—will begin arriving on campus later Friday. Among them are:
- A flying trapeze artist
- A finalist in Delaware's Young Playwrights Festival three years running
- A former contestant on "The Biggest Loser" who's now dedicated to fighting obesity
- The creator of an app for cancer patients
- A professional skateboarder who writes a food blog
- The teacher of a free robotics course for special needs students
Here's a quick look at the newest JHU students.
- Total freshman enrollment: 1,418
- Number of freshman applicants: 23,877
- Number of freshmen admitted: 3,587
- Percent Male: 51
- Percent Female: 49
- Middle 50th percent SAT I combined score: 2120-2310
- Mean unweighted academic GPA: 3.88
Among the class of 2018 are 14 Baltimore Scholars, graduates of Baltimore City public schools accepted into the university's undergraduate programs who receive full-tuition scholarships.