Johns Hopkins University is closed Tuesday and classes have been canceled due to the arrival of a winter storm this morning that delivered the region's second appreciable snowfall in three days.
Daytime exams were postponed, university officials said this morning, adding later that all Johns Hopkins Tuesday evening classes are canceled at all locations.
- At the Homewood campus, the rec center will close at 8 p.m.
- Also at Homewood, the Eisenhower Library is open with limited service.
- All Peabody Prep locations are closed Tuesday afternoon and evening. Classes and lessons are canceled.
- At Peabody, the Yale Gordon competition and the Wind Ensemble dress rehearsal will go ahead as scheduled.
The weather forced modifications to shuttle schedules as well:
- The Homewood-Peabody-JHMI shuttle will remain on a normal schedule until 4 p.m. Beginning at 4 p.m., the service will operate on a modified schedule until 8:45 p.m. tonight, with buses departing JHMI (Broadway stop) and Homewood (Interfaith Center stop) every 15 minutes. After 8:45 p.m., the regular schedule will be in effect.
- The Keswick-Homewood-Eastern-JHMI shuttle is operating on a modified schedule (more information).
- The Homewood-Mount Washington shuttle is not operating.
- The Carey Business School shuttle will not operate tonight.
- The Blue Jay Shuttle route service will not operate tonight. Instead, the Blue Jay Shuttle "Night Ride" will be in effect from 5:50 p.m. until 3:45 a.m. Call 410-516-8700 after 5:50 p.m. for a ride.
For the most up-to-date Johns Hopkins inclement weather notices, visit the Johns Hopkins emergency alert web page.
Posted in University News