- Frequently Asked Questions
- JHU 2020 Planning
- Staying healthy and health resources
- University operations
- Research Response
- Community support
- University Messages
The U.S. State Department has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory urging Americans to avoid all international travel.
Information for undergraduate students
All university-sponsored or organized undergraduate student travel (including travel sponsored or organized by student organizations, regardless of funding source) is suspended.
Information for faculty, staff, graduate students, and trainees
- All nonessential university-sponsored travel (both international and domestic) is suspended.
- Essential travel may include time-critical research, clinical care delivery, and/or clinical trials, as determined by the dean or his/her designee.
- University-sponsored travel includes all travel funded by the university or its sponsors, including discretionary funds, and all travel sponsored or organized by student organizations, regardless of the funding source.
- All personal travel—international and domestic—is strongly discouraged and may be prohibited for certain employees (e.g., the health care workforce).
Faculty, staff, graduate students, and trainees should carefully consider whether or not any travel is advisable in light of the possibility for quarantine upon return and/or unforeseen travel restrictions in the United States or abroad. Also, please note that university divisions involved in the provision of health care may decide to prohibit non-essential domestic travel to protect the workforce.